Hey Collectors! Many times when I work with people they do not have good self- care. They beat themselves up over their clutter or disorganization. They may become anxious or depressed and let self-care slide.
The holidays can be very stressful, so now is a great time to implement a self-care routine if you don’t already have one. Especially if you get anxious or overwhelmed or upset during the holidays, now is the time to be gentle with yourself.
When we take care of ourselves, we are less likely to fill our lives up with things or feel the need to fill a void through shopping. When we love and are good to ourselves, we want to declutter and have our place feel good. When we take care of ourselves, we will make our doctor appointments or see our therapist.
I am a fan of having a plan in place. I would suggest that you write down all the ways you can take care of yourself. Take it a step further and write it down on your to do list or on your calendar.
Remember, it doesn’t have to be huge. I think a lot of times we think we need to go spend a day at the spa or spend lots of money to make self-care count. We don’t. Sometimes it is the little things that can really have an impact.
Here are some of my favorite ways to take care of myself during the Holidays or any time of the year!
1. Get a massage. Low on cash? See if there is a school in your area where students need people to practice on.
2. Take a walk. Being outdoors can really rejuvenate your spirits.
3. Take a hot bubble bath. A good soak is good for the soul.
4. Be silly. Whether you do a silly walk, make silly faces or act silly with a friend, lighten your mental worry with silliness.
5. Share your smile. Sometimes sharing your smile with someone can make a huge difference in their day. It also makes you feel good.
6. Shake it off. Get up and dance. Get your heart rate up and boogie.
7. Name all the things you love about yourself. If you get stuck, ask a good friend or family member to tell you what they love about you.
8. Eat a healthy meal. Get a yummy chopped salad or salmon and broccoli. When we fuel our body with the good stuff we can see it.
9. Help someone. When we help others, we feel good about ourselves. We realize we do have things to offer to people.
10. Read a book about something that interests you or you have always wanted to know about.
There are many ways to get self-care and this is one small list to get you started. Write down all the things you would like to do.
What are your favorite tips for having good self care during the holidays? What are your biggest challenges for taking care of yourself? Share in the comments below.
Are you too overwhelmed with clutter to have take carae of yourself? Would you like caring, compassionate professionals help you declutter and get organized? Do you need to spend less time on clutter and more time on you? Collector Care can help you whether you are a hoarder that needs a complete overhaul or you simply need a few rooms organized.
Call Collector Care at 925.548.7750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your free 30-minute consultation and learn about how we can help you!
Photo credit: http://avivahwerner.com/2017/06/25/self-care-just-do-it/